UKZN Architecture Application | University of KwaZulu-Natal
Application for Admission – Bachelor of Architectural Studies Degree
We welcome your application for admission to Architecture. Please note the requirements listed below for eligibility in terms of your academic record and portfolio of work. Both your academic record and the full portfolio need to be submitted in order for your application to be reviewed.
Please note that the following are the minimum academic points that is necessary in order to be eligible to apply for a place in the Architecture programme:
- A total of 30 points – excluding Life Orientation
- Level 5 Mathematics – not Maths Literacy
- June results in grade 12 and as well as final Grade 11 results can be submitted. To note that if your application is conditionally approved it will only be confirmed upon receipt of final grade 12 results.
The portfolio requirements include a drawing and a written component. Drawings to be done ONLY on A4 paper in pen or pencil – neatly held together in a folder or stapled together and placed in an envelope.
Please click here to download the pdf for more information on the written component and comprehensive information on the portfolio requirement.
- Your CAO reference number or UKZN student number must be on all your documents – including your portfolio.
- Portfolios needs to include original hand drawn sketches – no computer drawings will be accepted.
- All portfolios must be submitted by the 31st of October. Late applicants will be placed on a waiting list.
- The completed Portfolio and Questionnaire should be forwarded to Mrs Winfred.