UKZN How to Register ? | University of KwaZulu-Natal
- Registration is done online and will take place from 8 January to 2 February. You will be given more information about registration during orientation time.
- Please check the information in your Application Acceptance Pack for your registration times, venues and the specific campus.
- If you know the modules you would like to register for, you can use self-help/online registration to capture your modules directly onto the system. However, we recommend that you come to orientation for advice and help.
The University does not accept large cash payments on any of our campuses. The maximum amount of cash accepted at the cashiers on campus is R500.00. Be safe, don’t travel with cash. Please pay online or at a bank. Ideally, this should be done at least three days before registration.
- If you pay at a Standard bank you will be cleared to register
- You can use your credit/debit card to pay your fees via Click-to-Pay at www.ukzn.ac.za . Clearance will be on the same day.
- Please note that it takes 2-3 days to clear EFT and payment made at another bank. However, you can email your proof of payment by 4pm to one of the emails addresses below for clearance overnight. Medschfees@ukzn.ac.za, or Westvillefees@ukzn.ac.za Howardfees@ukzn.ac.za or Edgewoodfees@ukzn.ac.za or Pmbfees@ukzn.ac.za
- Remember: Pay at Standard Bank today, register tomorrow. If you have a query, call 031 260 3699
- STUDENT CARDS AND PARKING PERMITS
- Access to campus is by student card. You must apply for your student card during the registration/orientation period at the ID card office located on your campus.
- If you intend to bring a car to campus, you must apply for a parking permit by clicking on:
- Use of laptops
The University has adopted an on-line learning management system and students must have laptops. Fortunately UKZN has negotiated affordable deals on laptops for students through the Student Technology Programme (STP). For more information consult http://www.stp.ac.za. Funding will be provided for new students who are funded by NSFAS to purchase a laptop.
- IMPORTANT DATES
|8 January 2018||Self-help/online registration starts (programme specific)|
|29 January to 2 February||Orientation of Students|
|29 January to 2 February||On campus registration of students|
|5 February 2018||1st semester lectures commence|
|2 March 2018||Final date for submitting curriculum changes|
|2 March 2018||Final date for registration and payment of all fees required for 1st semester registration|