University of KwaZulu-Natal UKZN Vacation Work
Students are required to undertake 14 weeks of practical work. In this school, the one week workshop course is used to account for 1 week leaving the vacation work period of thirteen (13) weeks. This vacation work is accounted for via the vacation work course.
Procedures for Submission of Vacation Work Reports and Certificates of Progres
- The Certificate of Progress form link is at the bottom of this page under ‘General Information’.
- Make sure that you have first read the following documents before submitting your Report/Certificate of Progress: Vacation Work Rules and Information and Outline Structure for Vacation Report
- Submit your Report within six weeks of the start of the semester (March and first week of September), together with Certificate of Progress, to Ms Dumisile Ngcobo: Drop-in box 4th Floor (next to the Undergraduate Office Notice-Board)
- The onus is on students to keep a copy of their Report and Certificate. The Discipline will not be held responsible for lost Reports or Certificates.
- A total of two (2) reports is required. Thereafter, it is only necessary to submit a Certificate of Progress after each stint of work.
- It is important that all vacation work be completed before your last semester of courses. If yo have to undertake vacation work after your final exams in fourth year it could delay the award of your degree by a year.
Certificate of Progress
Remember to complete a Certificate of Progress, signed by your employer after each period of work. Failure to do so will result in you not being credited. The Certificate must be attached to your Report as the first page of the report.
Students may collect their Reports from the Undergraduate Office. The reports are normally assessed by the middle of June in the1st semester and the end of November in the 2nd semester. A list of assessed reports will be posted on the Vac Work Notice-Board (glass Notice-board, Ground Floor, near foyer entrance).
|Non-routine queries: Fridays 10h00|
(e.g. comments on Reports; number of weeks worked)